Our family and environment greatly affects who we are and who we become, both for the better and for worse.
Family is the foundation that we grow from, and we often learn by example. For instance, we learn how to interact with others, develop morals and values, as well as how to view and observe the world around us.
Anyone seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from family therapy.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy is necessary to address family issues and heal a family’s wounds. If you and your family can relate to any of issues listed above, consider seeking family therapy. Family therapy can be beneficial on many different levels.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem solving through understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
If you’re interested in learning about how we can pull your family back together, reach out today so we can schedule an appointment.