Are you unable to remember a time when you didn’t feel overwhelmed with worry and stress? Are you sick of feeling tense, on edge, jittery, and irritable because you aren’t sleeping?
Maybe you’re constantly second guessing the decisions you make in daily life, out of fear of messing up or always thinking in a negative way.
At this point, you are avoiding interacting with others, because you are afraid of how you will react or what they will think.
Anxiety is unfortunately, a very common issue for people, but is also extremely treatable with the right therapy. Anxiety can be a result of past experiences, stress at work or in the home, going through a big life change, and can also accompany depression.
Other common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
During our sessions together, I will introduce you to new ways of coping with anxiety, teach you how to change negative thinking patterns by looking at situations in new less frightening ways, and empower you to start enjoying life.
Therapy can also help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, and develop problem-solving skills. If you are interested in starting your journey to a less stressful life, contact me today!